Sad dream

ComfyCreative Commons License Bailiwick Studios via Compfight

If you don’t know I have three furbabies; Moose who is almost a year old(pit bull), Tilley who is about six or so years old(Boston terrier/ Pit bull), and Pumpkin who is the same age as Moose(fluffy calico). We got Moose and Pumpkin at about the same time last year in August. We got Tilley about five or six years ago whenever I lived in South Carolina. She was maybe a year old and at the time we had a Bull Mastiff mixed with a Great Dane dog named Hootch, very slobbery,  he was maybe nine at the time and a year after we got Tilley we moved to where I am now(not in South Carolina).  My family knew that Hootch was getting old so we tried to spend more time with him, that idea somewhat failed. I always spent time with him, he was my baby. A couple of years after we moved Hootch started throwing up..he could barely walk now..and he didn’t ever want to play anymore. After about two months of this happening I had a dream about Hootch. We were in a cabin in the woods that was see-through that had pictures hanging from the ceiling of my previous dogs and my family. I saw a dirt road that led up to a gate ad Hootch was standing at the edge, there was a giant shadow behind him, I don’t know why but I felt anxious to get to him. I tried to go but it felt like I was moving through water. The next thing I know the shadow behind him is gone and I’m at the gate, but he is fighting with another dog.  I don’t know what breed. The other dog won and Hootch ran away. The other dog then came after me and I woke up. I immediately went to go check on Hootch and he was safe and sound, still breathing. That night he was walking around the house at round twelve and the scratched at my door, thinking he wanted to go outside I let him out. he wouldn’t come inside after a while so I woke my dad up to go watch him and I went to bed because I had school in the morning. I wish I stayed out there with him. My dad got him back inside at about four in the morning is what he said. My mom woke me up that morning, her eyes red and puffy, she had a snotty nose, I already knew. I rushed into my parents bedroom but he wasn’t there, I searched the whole house frantically, then went outside. My dad had wrapped him in a white blanket and was carrying him to the bed of the truck. I streamed over there, my dad trying to stop me, and lifted the cloth. His eyes were closed, he looked peaceful. I cried for so long. That whole week and month all I did was cry. We took him to a cremation place for pets and said goodbye. I don’t cry about it anymore but I still get a little sad. That dream that I had the night before didn’t mean anything, I think.